Status of the Mantis Clan:
The last few years have not been kind to the Mantis. It has only been a few years since the last Mantis Champion and his wife were killed in a freak shipwreck, and dividing the position of Mantis Clan Champion and Yoritomo daimyo has not been taken well. Still, the Mantis are a clan of great wealth and power, and their navy has only mildly suffered from the loss of the previous Clan Champion’s ship.
- Mantis Clan Champion: Yoritomo Kaminari
- Moshi Family Daimyo: Moshi Aoiko
- Tsuruchi Family Daimyo: Tsuruchi Momotaru
- Yoritomo Family Daimyo: Yoritomo Arashi
The Mantis’ views on the other clans
- Crab: Our cousins content themselves to sit on their Wall and wait for destiny to come to them. We respect that duty, but that way is not ours.
- Crane: Lazy ponces who basically live with their heads in their asses. Still, they have a lot of money, and they like to use it when they want someone to do real work. So we’ll take it.
- Dragon: If you sit up in your mountains all the time, however are you supposed to matter?
- Lion: Judgmental pricks who will try to cut you down if you aren’t adhering precisely to their archaic code. Leave ‘em to rot for all we care.
- Owl: Never trust a group of people founded by a treacherous man. Do the work when they hire you, and get out of the way.
- Phoenix: So-called masters of magic don’t seem to get it. We’ll show ‘em that it takes more than just a bit of fancy words to be a master of something.
- Scorpion: They’ve left us alone since they killed Aramasu. Good for them, but just as they can hold a grudge, we aren’t so easy to forgive.
- Unicorn: We understand ‘em better than most. They don’t judge us, and we will support them if they need to… for the right price, of course.
- Minor Clans: If we had our way, the Fox would have become one of us. They cannot survive on their own forever, and we should be ready to take them in.
- Ronin: Good to hire, a lot of ‘em are even trustworthy. Just be careful, cause the ones who will swindle you are sometimes the most persuasive.